“The jury is definitely still out on all the similarities and differences between CBD balm, salve and ointment – because they overlap in so many ways.” Skin care expert, Apothecarymuse said: “In a nutshell, it seems that most people would agree that balms sit on top of the skin while salves absorb into skin. Salves generally seem to be softer than balms, and are applied with the fingertip. Yet, they are firmer than an ointment or lotion, which share similar functions and ingredients albeit different ratios.”
Dictionary.com states that balms and salves are synonyms. Yet, most health blogs state that balms tend to possess a thicker and harder consistency due to the high ratio of beeswax they contain. Since it is thicker, a balm will need to be rubbed in with more force than a softer salve. This makes them really nice for sore muscles.
While salves may contain a lower ratio of beeswax since they tend to be of a milder and softer consistency. Being a softer consistency will allow them to penetrate the skin more deeply, and makes them great choices for wound healing.
How do you make CBD salve?
If you want to follow a step-by-step guide on how to make CBD balm you can follow this amazing guide I found on Pinterest.
What are the benefits of CBD Salve and CBD Balm?
1. CBD Salve for Menstrual relief: Whoopi & Maya’s Medical Cannabis Rub has been specially formulated for menstrual relief
2. A recent study showed that CBD salve is great for arthritic joint pain/inflammation
3. Muscle pain/soreness, a great review on popsugar: “After using this salve for about a month, I found that it does help me, due to a cooling effect followed by heat. The salve soothed my muscles quickly, and 30 minutes after I massaged it into my shoulder, I was able to stretch properly before my workout.”
4. CBD Salve is great for Post/Pre-workout “With the all the benefits from CBD, you can also use it as part of your pre/ post workout routine”
If you know of more ways to benefit from CBD salve, please comment below. We are community of CBD lovers.
Top 12 CBD balm benefits:
Read this amazing testimonial I got from from whoopi&maya’s twitter account, it’s from a customer that used CBD salve for scoliosis and chronic pain:
✨🙏❤️✨Sending love to all our supporters. Thank you for sharing your honest feedback✨This is why we do what we do❣️❣️#TestimonialTuesday #whoopiandmaya #healing #plantpower #healingherbs #superfoods #soak #savor #rub #relax #period pic.twitter.com/nODhExl4tV
— Whoopi & Maya (@whoopiandmaya) April 17, 2018
Here are 6 awesome CBD salves and balms I found, in no particular order.
1. CBD Remedy Stick: On the go treatment
2. Mary Jane’s Salve, crazy design and great for alleviating pain.
3. Leafly did a great product review on Awakened Topical Balm: “wonderful for sore muscles, joint pain, and even skin issues like eczema”
4. Sisters of the valley are a very unique brand, they state on their site that they: “The Sisters prepare all of their products during moon cycles, inspired by ancient wisdom. They are activists on a mission to empower people to heal themselves.”
5. Wildflower Cool Stick: Quick relief on the go
6. whoppi&maya: CBD Balm For Period Relief
If you’ve never tried a balm or salve before, or would like to try something new (free samples on us) please comment with “yes”. At the end of every month, we give away free products to 1o lucky readers that comment on our posts.